Wednesday 29 June 2011

A Little Coastal Inspiration

Rosebud, VIC

I love the coast and what it brings, Summer or Winter!



Inspiration can be found everywhere and so can Colour!


  
Who would've thought, you could be inspired by a cold sandy beach in Melbourne, on a winters day.  

Weather Boards - Dulux Calf Skin and Window Trims - Dulux Whisper White

After months of looking at colour charts, I finally found the right hues for my home. Who would've thought it would be so hard, especially being a colour consultant. 

I decided to start with my brief. I have an old Californian Bungalow that was updated in the 1980's with a beautiful Australian bull nose verandah around the front and down one side. I wanted to update from the traditional colour scheme - cream, burgundy and heritage green.  The hues needed to be contemporary but also complement the character of the home.  

This is were I needed a little inspiration to bring the old and new together.  Who would have guessed I'd find it sitting on a beach, on a cold winters day in Melbourne.  I have to admit, I think I may have been dreaming about being in the Hampton's on a nice warm sunny beach.









No comments:

Post a Comment